Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May Hats

The May deadline just passed.  A lot of hats are in the mail and even more will be arriving in the next week or two.  So many people have been knitting so many beautiful Hats for Sailors that I thought I would show some of them on these pages over the next few weeks.

I'll start with a box from Linda in Texas.  She has been knitting Hats for Sailors for a long time and we have communicated back and forth.  She knows that I am working on knitting 100 hats from 100 different patterns. (I did finish #20 last week).  So she included some aid in her package.


I found her lovely hats, a letter and several patterns that she enjoys that I haven't tried yet.  They were perfectly timed as I have been looking ahead and wondering how I am going to get to 100.  These brought me closer!


Not only had she included the patterns, but she had provided small numbers attached to her hats so I could match the pattern to the hat.  I have a hard time seeing a picture of a pattern on a piece of paper and imagining it in real life hat form.  Seeing her hats (and all of yours) really helps me see how beautiful the hats can be.


A second box arrived from Linda the next day!



All of you generously share your experiences and ideas with us.  Your choices of patterns and yarns and colors inspire me and others to try new things.  Thank you to every single person who has sent in a hat.  The sailor who received or will receive your hat will appreciate it, but so do the rest of us who appreciate your talent.

Keep watching for more beautiful hats by the knitters/crocheters of Hats for Sailors.

We also have some exciting plans for the next deadline on November 11, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment