Monday, May 20, 2013

Cables

I love cables!  I love the way they look and I love being able to move stitches.  I love that the pattern changes every row but repeats every several rows.  It keeps me interested but is familiar at the same time.  Cabled hats are also stretchy and fit a variety of head sizes.  It makes a great option if you do not know the size of the head of the future wearer.

After writing this post, I realized that I need to improve my photography skills and I should put the hats on someone's head!  All of my pictures are poor representations of the beautiful hats, so check out the links on Ravelry to see better photographs of these lovely patterns.



I'm back to Jared Floor (remember the popular Turn A Square?).  Koolhaas is a beautiful pattern that uses cabling to make a very interesting pattern.



Merrick by Amand Schwabe is another beautiful pattern.  I enjoyed moving the cables around the hat.  It needs to be on a head to see how beautifully the cables weave around each other.




Dean Street Hat by Nina Machlin Dayton has a lot of cables but is repetitive enough to make it an easier cable knit.


I have finished 18 of my 100 hat goal with #19 on the needles.  Our next deadline is in a week It would be nice to have 20 finished by then.  I'll let you know next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment