Monday, September 9, 2013

Cables

These are the last hats in the current installment of  the "hats I would knit again" series.  I will revisit it when I get closer to the end of the 100 different patterns.  I currently have #38 on the needles and it is a cabled pattern.  I love the way the hat is turning out but it is aran weight yarn on smaller needles and it is hard on my hands so I am limiting the time I spend on it each day.

Cables are a very personal thing.  Individual preference is stronger when it comes to cables.  I love cables.  I love the way they look and feel and I enjoy knitting them and moving stitches around.  I looked through the patterns with cables I have already knit and decided I would knit them all again.  That post would be too long so I am focusing on a couple of standouts.

I am back to Jared Flood again and his pattern Koolhaas.  It is a fussy pattern and takes some concentration and lots of stitch manipulation.  It does have logic and it starts to make sense once you get in the rhythm.  I enjoyed knitting it and I love the way it looks, feels and fits.  I have made it twice already.  Both hats were made before I started my 100 hat project, so I imagine I will repeat it again in the coming months.  Here is a picture of one of my previous versions.



The other hat I really enjoyed is Brambles Beret by Amanda Muscha.  I first saw this when Orli (tinyplasticmeat on Ravelry) knitted it as a hat rather than a beret.  Somehow it had never occurred to me to make the minor adjustments to convert a beret to a hat.  It opened up all kinds of new possibilities and the first one was Brambles Beret.  I loved Orli's version and I loved the hat I made as well.  More simple and easier to follow than Koolhaas and more traditional in the look.  Here is my version.



Our November deadline is approaching.  The buildup will begin next week when we will start revealing some of the November prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment